Saturday, July 21, 2012

Second Days of Ramadan

Ramadan is a a bounty that Allah (SWT) blessed His servants with, no strengthen their faith, and increase their piety (Taqwa). Allah Said:
"O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint."  (Sura Al-Baqarah, 2:183)

Goals of Fasting
Achieving Taqwa: is one of the most important wisdom of fasting brings on Taqwa as it lessens the desire of the stomach and mutes the sexual appetite. Whoever fasts frequently would overcome these two desires more easily. This deter against committing abominations and sins and assist in controlling life leading to Taqwa.

Strengthening willpower and acquiring patience:
The Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam called Ramadan the month of patience as it increases one's will power to control his/her desire and the selfishness of his/her soul. This training allow him/her to be strong in following Allah's commands. "These are the limits set by Allah (SWT)". (Sura Al-Baqarah, 2:187)

Fasting is pure worship:
The fact that he/she is abstaining from food and drink both in public and in secret shows his/her honest faith  and strong love of Allah (SWT),  and his/her knowledge and feeling that Allah is all-knowing of everything. 

Allah (SWT) said in the hadithQudsi:
"Every deed of the son of Adam will be multiplied [ in rewards], the good deed by ten of its like, up to seven hundreds, up to whatever Allah wills, except fasting, it is for ME and I will reward it. He/she abandons his/her desire and his/her food for MY sake".  (Zaadal-Mi'ad 2/29).

May Almighty Allah accept our fasting, and rewards us ten or seven hundreds, up to whatever Allah wills! InshaAllah.. 

DUA
Oh Allah! Separate me from my sins as you have separated the east, and west.
Oh Allah! Cleanse me of my sins as white cloth is cleansed from dirt.
Oh Allah! wash me of my sin with water, ice and snow.
Oh Allah! I ask of You integrity and soundness in my religion, my life, my family and my possessions.
Oh Allah! cover my shame, pacify my fears, guard me from what is in front of me, and behind me, from what is on my right, and on my left, over my head and under my feet.
Oh Allah! grant health to my body.
Oh Allah! grant health to my hearing.
Oh Allah! grant health to my sight.
There is no deity except YOU!

July 21, 2012      (istd/f=vac)

No comments:

Post a Comment